1/3 cup raisins soaked in 1 tablespoon apple juice
1/8 cup ground almonds or breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
icing sugar, to dust
1. In a large bowl mix together flour and salt. In a small cup mix apple juice, vegetable oil, and apple cider vinegar. Add liquid to flour and mix until soft dough forms. Knead, throw and bash, without extra flour, for 4-5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Really beat the dough up!
2. Coat dough lightly with oil and wrap tight in plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes to an 1 hour.
3. While dough is resting, prepare filling. In a large bowl mix together chopped apple, lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Microwave raisins and apple juice for 30 seconds and let cool before adding to apple mixture. Stir in ground almonds right before filling strudel.
4. Roll out dough super thin on floured surface, until about 2’x3’. Use lightly floured tea towel to help move and form the strudel when filling. Place filling in the middle then tuck and fold dough to create studel shape. Flip, using towel, seam side down onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
5. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes until deep golden brown. Let cool before serving.